Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reconnecting!


I realised today that it was time to start reconnecting to a few things in my life. My blog being one of them. I have spent alot of time lately whilst feeding my darling boy Finn reading other peoples blogs and marvelling at how committed and dedicated they are to updating them, something that I have lacked lately. So, I am making a new promise to myself that I will be blogging at least twice a week, hey it will be a great way to reflect on what I am doing and what I have done. God knows I need to slow down and start paying attention to what is going on in my life, each day is just flying by and weeks are becoming blurs. My gorgeous little boy is already 3 months old and I cannot even begin to fathom where that time is gone! So I am committing to doing this more often.



It has also been time to reconnect with family. My lovely Mother In Law is staying with us and reconnecting with the kids again. Sadly she lost her husband to cancer in April, so for her it has been a hard time, but I hope that spending some time with the children and meeting her latest grandchild has helped a bit. It has been lovely catching up with her again and the kids are revelling in her attention! (the cry of "Grandma Joy, come and see this" rings out every few minutes at the moment!). Because she is here we have had the opportunity to catch up with other loved ones in our lives that we don't see very often and it has been lovely to see their latest additions and how their older children have grown.

I also had the chance to reconnect with my sister in law today when she rang me from Darwin. My Brother and Sister in Law moved up there last week with their two little girls to start his first posting with the ADF! Feels so strange to have my long time confidant and friend away, thank god for technology as I know she is only a phone call away, but it still isn't the same. However for them this is a chance to reconnect as a family as my brother has been away at training for 9 months and now they are finally back together as a family. I hope that they are relishing every minute together!

Lately I realised I had underestimated again the impact that a new baby has on the family. Finn is a pretty good little man but still a 3 month old baby that loves his mumma. So craft just isn't really happening much here lately and I swear this little man has a craft radar so as soon as I pull something out to start on he wakes up or gets fussy and wants his mum to hold him!!! I am finding it a bit stressful to complete felt food right now so after I complete my current orders I have decided to take a step back and just do some things for myself. I have so much that I want to get done for the kids and am just not finding the time. I also have so many things that are half finished and want to complete them all so that I can safely begin something new! It is time for me to reconnect to my craft again and for doing it for the love of it rather than by request! Probably not great for establishing my business but I just cannot juggle everything at once!

It is also time for me to reconnect to budgeting and home care again. I need to get my life back in order, I think being so tired during my pregnancy gave me an excuse to not worry about all of this and now that I have had the baby I really need to get things back in order. This goes for my running as well, however with Darrian being soo busy it is making life hard and it isn't quite so fun to run on the treadmill as when you go out around the neighbourhood with the ipod plugged in and immerse yourself in tunes! If only I didn't remember how much work it was to train and get to a point where running was just fun rather than hard work! I am sure I will get there eventually!

And now it is time for me to reconnect to my bed. Way too late for me to be up and tomorrow we are out with the kids - as much as school holidays are doing my head in, I know I will miss them when they go back.

I promise I will be back sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

  1. Heya!
    Eden from DIG here :)

    Finn is just divine, what a lovely sweet little boy.

    And I totally agree with everything you've said, hopefully your post has given me the kick up the bum to get budgeting/gardening/baking/blogging again!

    Look fowards to seeing you post more often :)

    ReplyDelete